8/17/2013

Summer Endings/New Beginnings

This child, who just last year insisted she wanted a SpongeBob wedding dress, mentioned the other day that she was over her Spongebob obsession. She claims she's moved onto new obsessions. My response to her was that you don't let go of old obsessions, you just add to them. She immediately changed into SpongeBob jammies and came to show me. My obsessions obviously feature prominently behind her, plus the wicked cool blurred photo of Val, our white dog.


The girls watching a lecture on the Iliad, with critters in attendance.


My Rosie.


My Lily.


Reading is fun, if the right book is found--Rosie is easily upset and so we spend considerable time finding books where the conflict is not violent and characters don't get hurt. Not an easy task by any means.

 My Bobby.
 The kids love playing D & D with their dad.
 The artist with her work: ponies and Doctor Who.

It's hard to believe that the summer is over for us. I go back to work full-time for the fall semester (although I worked all summer, through yesterday, so it's not like I had much of a break). New students, new challenges, a new year (isn't it funny that my new year is the start of the fall semester?).

Fresh starts are lovely things, aren't they?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yes, the new year starts in the fall, but there is also the new year in the middle of winter--two new years, two chances for better goals and better living. Then again, every day is a chance for that.

I'm starting school again this fall, too. As a student, though. It a time for excitement and anxiety, but also for taking a step onto a new path.

K Wombles said...

Good luck this semester! I hope it's awesome. :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks! So do I! :)