11/09/2011

A Pokemon Conversation

Lil and Bob are behind me in the kitchen having an animated conversation about their Pokemon Nintendo DS games. They're talking rapidly, wrapped in each other's words, following the other's speech with no problem. It's a wonder to hear; they understand each other completely and are completely absorbed in their conversation. And they can go on for hours. And hours and hours. And hours. Seriously.

One of the things I'm grateful for is that Bobby has sisters who are ready to enter his world, share his interests and spare me the need to remember Pokemon names and battle strengths and weaknesses and attack points. Now if I could just make them have the conversations where I didn't have to hear them?

Who would have thought Pokemon would go on for more than a decade?


No comments: