10/07/2011

Ducks in a Row

My literal children make me laugh. This morning Lily was talking about how she had all her ducks in a row in her room, so Rick tried to explain to her what else that meant, which had her going, "No!" with a stamp of her foot, "My ducks really are all in a row!" Off she stomped to her room with her iphone to take a picture. She rushed back out, and showing us the picture, said, "See?" Rick asked her if that meant she didn't have everything organized and in place, which had her frustrated, pouting that she didn't know; all she knew was she had her ducks in a row. Her real ducks!









5 comments:

Lizbeth said...

That's great! I can see they are further sorted by color, size and type. Pure awesomeness!

melbo said...

I just love this - I've had a few conversations like that myself. She's done an amazing job with grouping them.

farmwifetwo said...

Envious her ducks are all nice and tidy in their rows.

I was doing well until this morning.... We'll see how the Teacher makes out Tues with the SLP from the ACS program. Personally, at least we have the flipbook.

sharon said...

Do your kids know Laser Beak Man by Tim Sharp? He's an Australian Autistic artist, and does fantastic pieces that are literal interpretations. He has a web site where you can check them out, I think if you google Laser Beak Man it's one of the first to come up. You can see a youtube clip too.
I use a lot of metaphors when I speak. I can see Harri and I having some issues over time :)

farmwifetwo said...

R "the ducks. The ducks in the pond". He's sitting here beside me.