9/02/2011

Out of Step

As we end week two of school, let me stipulate that the mornings up to today have been organized and easy, no easy task, and overall, unusual as all get out. Happy children, who wake up in good moods, come out dressed, make decisions on what they want for breakfast easily, who wander out the door with smiles on their faces and backpacks in their hands. Wow. They've gotten off the bus happy, spent time at my parents, done their homework with no arguments. Smooth sailing. I'm not even that easy.

Hell, I've been up for an hour, and I still can't see clearly, I've got a headache, my body hurts, and I'm wishing it were a day where time back in bed were even an option (It's not).

The grace period is over. Rosie came out still in jammies, crawled onto the couch in a weepy mood and we had a few moments working at heading off the meltdown. I don't blame her. After all, I'm still not seeing clearly and I'm typing this. :-) Things feel slightly out of step.

Let's hope the rest of the morning process (for them and me) is smooth-sailing, and that I'm fully awake and alert for a classroom full of bright and shining students in two hours.

Happy Friday, people!

1 comment:

farmwifetwo said...

I'm probably the least excited person about school starting on Tues. Right now we have a lazy routine in the mornings... come Tues it's back to the "get dressed, wait for the bus" nags that go on every single day.

Hope you have a good weekend.