6/10/2011

Lily's Feet

It's late, really late for me to be up, but sleep eludes me and I've got to share this. Lily's been working at growing up fast and she's grown into my feet. That's right. Into my feet. Sure, her feet are narrow and mine are hobbit-like, but her feet are now one centimeter shorter than mine. She is effectively in my shoes. Seriously. For reals. I gave her a dozen pairs of flats. She wanted my heels. She didn't get them, even though her feet looked lovely in them. Nope, those heels are gonna go to the salvation army. No way am I letting that spine get bent out of shape, those feet or arches get damaged. My girlie will not get heels.


How does a not even-ten-year-old fit into her mother's shoes? It's not dress up if they fit, is it?


Size 7! Can you believe it?

Now, who wants to lay bets she's out of the 7s before the summer is over? Hmmm? If she is, I'm taking my shoes back! :-)

4 comments:

Emily said...

TH's feet are now larger than mine (size 8, women's). He turned 10 in May. He's about an inch shorter than I am...I'm 5'5". These kids.

erika said...

As scary it is, her feet do look lovely :) Size 7 ... wow.. I wear a 6.

farmwifetwo said...

My 9yr old is in 14/16 clothes, 4'7", and size 5 boys shoes. I hand-me-down from the younger to the elder who's 2" shorter.

We've been growing steadily but haven't had the 4" grow spurt he had the winter he was 7. But I suspect it's coming soon.

Atleast I can rest my chin on his head now and use him for a leaning post. Makes him giggle and say "wake up Mommy".

KWombles said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with kids with growing feet!

Thanks, Erika. She's got lovely long, slim hands and feet that with my short and broad ones have me wondering where that comes from; must be on Rick's side because it's not from mine.

Bobby's growth was different. Between the different meds, he didn't have this growth spurt this young; he didn't get taller than me or outgrow my shoe size until he was 14 or 15. :) I wonder if Rosie will be like Lily?