5/29/2011

Summer Heat

The last two days were HOT. 109 degrees yesterday, 107 the day before. It was still 98 degrees at nearly 10 last night! Some  places in town registered higher heats than the ones I've given. These are record heats and it's dry here, too. In order to keep our gardens looking as green and vibrant, we do a lot of watering. I'm on my way out to the garden now to get busy, which is a late start. Here, you better be out as the sun is rising if you're going to get the job done.

On the plus, the pool feels great to the kids who went swimming for the first time this year (could have gone sooner, but schedules and all...Rosie has it in her mind that you don't swim until summer and summer isn't until school is over. Let us hope she does not learn that summer officially begins June 21).















3 comments:

kathleen said...

Great pictures!! WAY too hot for me..I fall apart when it's over 80 degrees. I guess I won't complain too much about our really hard winters..because our spring and summer are generally lovely and we don't need air conditioning..or we use it only rarely..(5 nights in 6 years)

KWombles said...

Way too hot for me, too. :)

Aspergirl Maybe said...

Oh my goodness - I can't even imagine that kind of heat! We have been at 90 already though, so I'm sure we are in for a hot summer.