5/09/2011

My Kids and their Gifts to Me

My girls (and the boy) handled Mother's Day differently. Rosie was up before the other two kids and out to say Happy Mother's Day first thing to me and she spent the day making me drawings and spending a lot of time loving on me.

Rosie and Razberry


(that's a slide)



I love the heart personification.


Rosie also made me presents at school and had to give them to me the day she brought them home:

 It's fascinating what they come up with, isn't it?

 Does that mean I'm bossy?

 Priorities, people!


Lil, on the other hand, had made my present at school and held onto it and gave it to me yesterday morning. Her brevity is noticeable.




Bless her, she's to the point, isn't she? She toodled out after her sister yesterday with this in hand and wished me a happy Mother's Day and was done with that. 


I'd show you my son's art, but, well, he's a man now. I reminded him that his grandmother had gotten them a card for me and he wandered off and brought it back to me and mumbled a happy Mother's Day to me and kissed my cheek. He also cooked lunch for the whole family at his grandmother's yesterday and was super proud of himself.

Making potato salad at our house.
First time grilling.



Was it a good Mother's Day? You bet. I've got three kids who are unique, who keep trying, and who love me. And their super-honesty means they'll keep me from going out in clothing that's unattractive. Their dad isn't big in the way of holidays (any of them), and I can live with that. Since he isn't big on them that means I can ignore them when it's about him and there's no acrimony between the two of us over it. My mom takes care of the big days with the kids so that I always have a card and roses, and if Rosie's appreciation for holidays and showering me with presents is any indication, I can rest comfortable knowing those holidays won't be forgotten as the years pass. Of course that means she won't really let me get away with forgetting father's day for Rick, though. Drats. So much for turnabout.

4 comments:

farmwifetwo said...

I didn't get any presents or cards. We're not big on holidays and we're definately not crafty. BUT, I did get one I didn't expect. The 3 of us were having breaky - eldest at Grandma's - and the little one points to the placemat he made me at school for Mother's Day and says... (no prompting, the kid reads the calendar all on his own every day)

"Happy Mother's Day Mommy"

Big grin.... and of course had to have a hug and kiss.

Best Mommy's Day EVER!!!!

melbo said...

Really lovely - glad you had a great day! Mine was pretty good too.

I love "King of the Hill" too - I hope I read that right!

KWombles said...

farmwifetwo,

Yay! Yup, if Rick had his way: no holidays at all; as it is, he pretty much follows that and we work around it.

Melbo,

You did! We're on episode 210 with the kids; I love netflix instant watching; we do one episode every night with the kids. We're also doing futurama, quantum leap and stargate sg1 with the kids right now. :-)

D. S. Walker said...

Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day! Gotta love those unique kids.