4/07/2011

Sniffle. Cough. Sneeze. Really?

If possible, I feel worse. And yet, dedicated teacher that I am, I will be at my classes today scratch that, no I won't, not unless I want to share the plague, even though if I were one of my students I would really prefer they not be in class. Call it dedication or poor thinking on my part, but I've got exciting stuff to share with students! This is what the internet's for, right?


I'll even share it with y'all. For my AmLit students, we will be watching this and discussing Ambrose Bierce's An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge” (short story). Now they'll be watching it and writing a one page comparison paper. I'm taking my tissues and going back to bed where I will hack up a lung. 









4 comments:

farmwifetwo said...

People get to go back to bed when they are ill?? Since when?? We've actually managed a sick-less winter... find wood, tap on it... let's hope it goes all summer too.

Enjoy your day in bed and I'll tell you of a conversation I had this morning - foggy.

Mom "R, F won't be here today until 10:30am. Bro is going at his regular time".

R "No school today."

Mom "We'll see, if not you can go to town with Mom and do the errands."

R "No school today. Go restaurant for lunch."

They rarely come and pick them up 2hrs later. They usually simply cancel for the day... we can do lunch.

Diane said...

Yuck. Sorry. Glad you are getting some rest. Hope you feel much better soon.

Life in the House That Asperger Built said...

Get better!!!!

KWombles said...

fw2, I'd have been no good today; can't quit coughing and sneezing. I wish sick days were more fun.

I hope you all had a good snow day. It seems surreal to me that we can have a high of 98 here and you can be in the middle of snow.


@Laura, thanks. I'm trying. Not working too well at the moment, though.