4/26/2011

Random Thoughts From A Misfiring Brain?

The bees, ladybugs, katydids, and other odd bugs are out and about, but the spiders have been few. I like spiders; they make for great photographs.

I have a migraine swooping in, starting just as I began to write this post (and yes, I paused and medicated). I feel it in the bottoming out of my stomach, the encroaching cloud of a pain in my head, and the fact that I sat on that first sentence for four minutes looking for the concluding words of that sentence. It's not what I wanted to say exactly, but sitter, poser, target, those aren't the right word. What the hell is the word for someone who sits for his picture?

Sigh. The migraines this year have shifted from ones that are uncomfortable and make me physically ill to ones that put me in my bed, in the dark, and render me nonfunctional. They give me word salad, fry my brain and make me less than stellar in my verbal ability. They also frak my spelling up horribly; if the browser didn't pick up my misspellings, well, none of this would make sense. Let's be honest, though, I have no real way of knowing until this latest mind storm passes (and I spelled that first with no p) if this really makes sense.

I dislike this new way of being, the fact that these happen at least once a week and disrupt my life again. I had a breather, about a year, where the preventative worked, but I stopped it because of side effects. I guess I'll have to resume it again.

And until then I'll go back to bed and hope that it passes soon, so that I can take Bobby with me to the college's Ranch Day and watch my students engage in fun competition.

Y'all can let me know if I made any sense.

My head. 

6 comments:

r.b. said...

I think you had it right, mind storms can be asses.

I can't imagine what it feels like...if I even have a headache I know somethings up. One thing I can think of that people who have migraines have in common is they all work very, very hard. As in, very, very, very hard. Perhaps it is the body's way of saying, "slow down or ya gonna kill yaself!" and then if you don't, it says, "Hey, I'm gonna slow you down whether you like it or not!".

I'm just kidding. Kinda...
Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Life in the House That Asperger Built said...

I'm with R.B. storms can be asses. :-)

I think the word you were looking for might have been "subjects"? At any rate, (((hugs)))

I hope you get better soon, and get it worked out so these don't happen anymore.

:fingers crossed:

kathleen said...

((())) These just have to stop..have to! Sorry for it though..hope the lie down help..and that all my spiders leave and migrate to Texas..I'm sure they would love to sit for you..and really, I don't mind letting you have them..:)

chavisory said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well!

Ari said...

Have you tried riboflavin to prevent your migraines? That was the first thing my new doctor suggested, based on a few studies that showed it effective with very few side effects (unlike most other migraine preventative medications).

The studies I read used 400mg daily. This is one: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2214128/

KWombles said...

Thanks, all. The meds kicked in a few hours after I posted and I was able to continue about my day, thankfully!

Ari, I used to do riboflavin, magnesium and CoQ10 as a combined preventative and got some relief, but discontinued it in favor of what was a much more effective preventative (until I had to discontinue it).