4/27/2011

Handley's Egg on His Face: I Bet He Doesn't Even Notice

Back in November 2010, J.B. Handley claimed that "Sullivan" is really Bonnie Offit. He did this with no evidence and with his typical flair for exaggeration and misinformation.


Handley wrote, and I now call on him to keep this promise:



Bonnie Offit, or Sullivan for that matter, I have a simple offer:
If you can produce a dad with a child with autism with a remarkable grasp of the medical and scientific literature who blogs under the name Sullivan, a man who has an inordinate grasp of the details of your husband’s patents, lawsuits, published studies, and web habits, I will make sure that the pauloffit.com website is given to you and your husband for good. 
In fact, if you can produce this father, I promise to never, ever publicly write about or utter the name “Paul Offit” again.
I’m waiting, Bonnie, and I have a funny feeling I will be waiting a very long time.
This week, Matt Carey, a man I consider to be a friend, revealed that he was indeed Sullivan. Matt is a man, a father of an autistic child, and as such, Handley, if he had any integrity, would retract the post, apologize to both Bonnie Offit and Matt Carey, and cease to write about Paul Offit. He won't do that, and we all know he won't, and not that it's really possible to lower our estimations of this man any further, we'll duly note that he did not act in good faith here.






I wrote the following posts on the Offit/Sullivan posts:

http://kwomblescountering.blogspot.com/2010/11/no-no-no-im-bonnie-offit.html
http://kwomblescountering.blogspot.com/2010/11/it-has-to-be-asked.html
http://kwomblescountering.blogspot.com/2010/11/age-of-autism-runs-out-of-steam-handley.html
http://kwomblescountering.blogspot.com/2010/11/fallout-of-handleys-sullivangate.html?spref=tw

4 comments:

Matt Carey said...

"a man I consider to be a friend,"

Thank you so much for that. I do think of you as a friend.

KWombles said...

:-)

Roger Kulp said...

Handley? Integrity? You gotta be kidding.

Sirenity said...

Would be nice if Handley held up his part of the bargain, but it aint gonna happen.