1/01/2011

Small Things Saturday Blog Hop



On this, the first day of the new year, the small thing I appreciate is coffee with my husband, both of us busy at our laptops, while our daughters play their computers nearby (and the boy plays a game in his room). We are safe and warm and happily engaged in our own special interests and yet connected in our love of technology and games.



I appreciate that yesterday, the girlies insisted on geek camp and chose a documentary about dolphins for us to watch. Lily filled her notebook with drawings of dolphins while watching.






And I always appreciate the comfort of a cat in my lap.




Happy New Year!

8 comments:

farmwifetwo said...

We're down to 2 this morning. They've gone to Grandma's... next door... so the 9yr old is playing on the DS and I'm pretending - btwn reading about 3 novels - to tidy up.

Was alone... hubby's home.

@jencull (jen) said...

Coffee and some quiet time on the laptop = bliss!! Happy New year to you and your lovely family :) Jen

Jessica said...

Coffee and some computer time sound wonderful, especially in the quiet!

Corabelle said...

oh you made me tear up reading that!
We had the same morning, coffee, laptops, kids happily playing in the other rooom..only thing missing was the cat. Happy new year!

mamafog said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Happy New Year.

KWombles said...

Farmwifetwo,

Hope you had a good remainder to your day yesterday. :-)

Jen, yup, the only thing left out of that was chocolate! Happy New Year to you and yours, too!

Jessica,

Ah, quiet is such a rare thing it's always wonderful.

Corabelle,

:-) Sounds like a lovely morning. Happy new year!

Mamafog,

It was a lovely day! Happy New Year. :-)

Chris P-M said...

Oh how I love a purring cat in my lap! Coffee in hand and quiet at the laptop is a bonus! (I'm lucky to have that one right now too :)

Sarah Halstead said...

Great small things! :)