11/25/2010

Strides and Gratitude




On this day, I am thankful.

I am thankful that my children are healthy and happy, that they are making progress.

I am thankful that I have a husband who cares enough that when I commented this afternoon that my feet were cold took the time to get up and cover them with a blanket.

I am thankful that my husband and I have jobs and, even better, that we find them immensely satisfying.

I am thankful that my parents are right next door and doing well (and that Mom is feeling better).

I am thankful for Kathleen, who's made my life richer and better for her unfailing presence in it (even if she still hasn't shared a picture of herself in the 18 months we've been constant email buddies!).

I am grateful for all the wonderful folks I've gotten to know in the autism and skeptic communities who have given me lots to read and often delightful exchanges. And to Matt at Dude, I'm an Aspie, thank you for making a cartoon me and having me to Thanksgiving dinner! :-)

No comments: