11/07/2010

A Few Questions, Even if I'm Late on Entry...for a Blog Hop!

I came across a new-to-me blog this weekend, Never Growing Old, and Java has a new blog hop to participate in: "Meet Me On Monday."  I didn't get over there fast enough to get added onto the list, but I took the time to answer the questions, so here you go anyways:


Besides, I like the idea of a light-hearted post. :)


1.  Have you ever been on a cruise?


Nope, and there's not a snowball's chance in hell of getting me on one, either. :-) Hah, I have issues. Being on something I can't get off of with a bunch of people: not enough happy pills in the world to make that my idea of a good time.


Close as I'm getting:



2.  What is your favorite way to eat eggs?


In cake and cookies, naturally. It's the only way! Ah, okay, pancakes, french toast and waffles covered in syrup also work.

3.  What is your favorite reading material?


Textbooks. Sigh. I am an uber nerd, but there you have it. I love textbooks. Adore them. Want them all and am obsessive enough that I want all the various editions, too. 





4.  Name all the pets that you have ever had?


We currently have five cats (all pictured on the right side bar):


Ibit




Frankie


Aphrodite


Lucy




Mabel






Before them were eight cats and eight dogs. As an adult, I've never owned a dog that screamed better pet than a cat, so we've finally accepted that we love my parents' dogs but are not dog people. Cat people for sure. :-)

5.  Were you ever a girl/boy scout?



Yes, I was a girl scout, but never a particularly happy one and have consequently never considered putting my daughters or son into the scouts.


Sorry, not hunting up a picture of that. :-) Ah, okay. here.






So, any of the information above y'all want to share? Anyone else have claustrophobia issues and think cruises sound more like a nightmare than a vacation?


Find groups meeting to earn badges uncomfortable (the pigs in a blanket were pretty good, but I hated the camping trips, too, except for the one Dad went on with me)?


Are you cat people? Dog people? Frog people? Spider people?







Hee, do you obsess over textbooks of all disciplines or is there just one you're interested in? Or is your favorite fiction? Nonfiction? Any books you can get your hands on?