9/26/2010

Awww, Shucks


Laura from Life in the House that Asperger Built got this lovely award from Big Daddy Autism and has passed it along to me and seven other bloggers.  In looking at their lists of seven to pass the award along to, I see familiar names, bloggers I would have chosen for this list. Ah, but you can go read those lists! So, I'm choosing seven bloggers not  already on those lists, bloggers I think you might not have read and really thing you should.

Ah, but first I have to share 7 things. Hmmm. Seven things you wouldn't already know from reading Countering? That would be hard to do!

1. Like Laura, I am left-handed! Shew, that wasn't hard! One down.

2. Hmm, I'm going to begin teaching One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest in one of my classes this week. There, you didn't know that!

3. I've been blogging since March 2009. See, not everyone who reads Countering would know that. :-)

4. I also started commenting at Huffington Post about that time. I rarely comment at Huff now; I really don't have anything to add to the comments left by those dedicated to commenting there on every single autism or vaccine related post. There's no dialogue there, no attempt to understand the other person, just an incessant hammering that leaves me mildly nauseated to see it continually played out. Bleh. I'll pass. I'd rather read friends who share their pride in their children and their worries and be there to offer high fives and yays for the good and hugs and support for the rough times.

5. I found myself thinking mostly the same thing about AoA over the last several months. Bleh. Hammering away instead of trying to be mutually supportive of others and making a difference. For the most part, I'm gonna take a pass on that, too.

6. I love the Autism Blogs Directory that Kathleen and I run; each day we add one or two bloggers new to us, and I feel like in these bloggers, if we but take the time to go and read, comment and share, that we have the community of support and care. 

7. I believe that the online autism community serves different needs for different people. I know that I have been immeasurably enriched by the people whose blogs I read, who have become my friends, and I am grateful for their friendships!

Now, my seven bloggers you might have missed but who are great!

Nightstorm at Prism*Song.






9 comments:

K- floortime lite mama said...

thank you thank you thank you
I in turn LOVE your blog
I am so glad you started the autism blogs directory
Its so wonderful to connect with a similar way of thinking
Shall I tell you something funny
Do you know who gave Big Daddy the award
Yours truly
See here
http://drycappucino.blogspot.com/2010/08/beautiful-blogger-award.html

KWombles said...

Ah, that circularity is wonderful! :-) Hee! I love it, absolutely love it. How very cool to watch how ideas move through the community! Your post was wonderful (ah, but they all are wonderful!).

Nightstorm said...

Awww Kim <3 thank you. I haven't seen you commenting as much lately I wonder if school has got your hands tied.

KWombles said...

Nightstorm,

:-) It has! I was hired full time one week into the semester and have six classes to teach, four of them English! I ended up withdrawing from the university two weeks into the semester once I got a feel for how much work I'd have to do and realized I couldn't teach six and take two. I've sat my plans for nursing school aside for now as I adjust to being a full time English instructor. Hee, it's wonderful!
Things should settle down here as I get caught up with the courses and prepping.

I've gotten behind on reading friends' blogs, something I'm working on! :-)

Attila The Mom said...

Aww, thanks so much for the shout!

Different not less said...

Thank you so much for the shout out! I feel so much at home with all the other bloggers. It is with great honor that I am on your blog list! (And with great honor that Allbri allowed me to share her life....at least I hope she is allowing it!!)
Christine

kathleen said...

I didn't even know you were left handed!!! ;0

KWombles said...

Attila and Christine,

It was my pleasure. :-)

Hee, Kathleen, isn't it nice to know we've still things to learn about each other? I've terrible handwriting, as well, when I can't turn the paper properly sideways. And forget about writing well on the board!

HeatherS said...

Thank you so much! I love my blogging community....don't know what I would do without you wonderful people :