Laura from Life in the House that Asperger Built got this lovely award from Big Daddy Autism and has passed it along to me and seven other bloggers. In looking at their lists of seven to pass the award along to, I see familiar names, bloggers I would have chosen for this list. Ah, but you can go read those lists! So, I'm choosing seven bloggers not already on those lists, bloggers I think you might not have read and really thing you should.
Ah, but first I have to share 7 things. Hmmm. Seven things you wouldn't already know from reading Countering? That would be hard to do!
1. Like Laura, I am left-handed! Shew, that wasn't hard! One down.
2. Hmm, I'm going to begin teaching One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest in one of my classes this week. There, you didn't know that!
3. I've been blogging since March 2009. See, not everyone who reads Countering would know that. :-)
4. I also started commenting at Huffington Post about that time. I rarely comment at Huff now; I really don't have anything to add to the comments left by those dedicated to commenting there on every single autism or vaccine related post. There's no dialogue there, no attempt to understand the other person, just an incessant hammering that leaves me mildly nauseated to see it continually played out. Bleh. I'll pass. I'd rather read friends who share their pride in their children and their worries and be there to offer high fives and yays for the good and hugs and support for the rough times.
5. I found myself thinking mostly the same thing about AoA over the last several months. Bleh. Hammering away instead of trying to be mutually supportive of others and making a difference. For the most part, I'm gonna take a pass on that, too.
6. I love the Autism Blogs Directory that Kathleen and I run; each day we add one or two bloggers new to us, and I feel like in these bloggers, if we but take the time to go and read, comment and share, that we have the community of support and care.
7. I believe that the online autism community serves different needs for different people. I know that I have been immeasurably enriched by the people whose blogs I read, who have become my friends, and I am grateful for their friendships!
Now, my seven bloggers you might have missed but who are great!
Nightstorm at Prism*Song.