7/25/2010

Frogs, Fishes, and Flowers: Another Weekend in the Garden

Before the rain came this afternoon, Rick and I managed to get a fair amount of work done in the garden. With the front garden for the most part under control, we turned our attention to the jungle that our back has become.

You can see the pond again! And in the far right corner, there are the frogs.


The fish are thriving!
I've begun clearing pathways again, as well.
It's a start anyway! We burned some of the mess I made pulling the spent flowers and weeds. And Rick managed to get a bit carried away when he was burning, singeing our peach tree:
I even made a friend:
And got a picture of a frog with one eye missing:
Didn't seem to bother him too much, though. He got up on the shelf of the table, at any rate. Another view of the frog showing the damaged eye. I like to think he's thinking deep thoughts while wishing the lady with the camera would leave him alone.
Just thought I'd point out again that we've got a lot of fish. A lot.
How can sunflowers not make you smile?



Hope everyone had a good weekend and that this week will be wonderful for each of you. :-)

2 comments:

Lyn said...

Awww. What adorable critters!

Beth said...

You have got a nice garden out there. I think a connection with plants means a connection with the nature itself. Iflorist.co.uk