5/25/2010

Stopping to Smell the Flowers


In the midst of all the dust-up over Wakefield's being struck off, his interview with Lauer that either shows him to be a consummate liar or supreme self-justifier (or worse), the Autism One conference and upcoming rally for wackawoos against vaccines, I'd like to take a moment to step back, stop, and smell the flowers, appreciate the beauty that there is to be had in the world and in our children.

I'm going to play in my garden today and pretend that there aren't a bunch of people so far gone into woo that they'll subject their children to hookworms, nicotine patches, HBOT, chelation, IVIG treatments, mining chelators, and all sorts of hairbrained homeopathic and naturopathic remedies, etc., who believe in global conspiracies to render a generation of children damaged goods in order to cull the herd and other absurdities. Although I don't believe in a higher power, I will send my wishes to the accidental cosmos that these parents manage to pull their heads out of their arses and realize the harm they cause their children.

None of this garbage that the AoAers do does a darn thing to make the world a better place and in fact works to make sure it's a damn sight worse.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Very pretty shots of flowers, it makes me long for them to bloom here Iflorist.co.uk