5/20/2010

Song Writing Contest, Courtesy Ken Reibel

Ken Reibel's post at Huff, if you haven't seen it yet, is worth the read. At first, I assumed the song lyrics to Vaccine Gestapo by The Refusers was a parody, but alas, no, they're a real group. Orac mentions the rally and The Refusers on a recent blogpost, as well.

Below is a song parody and idea proposed by Ken:

In honor of Vaccine Gestapo, I propose a song writing contest.
I FOUGHT THE LAW
(A') Scopin' guts in the ... hot sun
I Fought the Law and the ... law won
I Fought the Law and the ... law won
Busted for ethics 'cause I ... had none
I Fought the Law/ and the ... law won
I Fought the Law and the ... law won

I'm losin' my license and I feel so bad
My med career is done
Brian Deer's makin' me so mad
I Fought the Law and the ... law won
I Fought the Law and the ... law won

(Instrumental Break)

Foolin' the press is . . . such fun.
I Fought the Law and the ... law won
I Fought the Law and the ... law won

Charmin' the moms at . . . AutOne
I Fought the Law and the ... law won
I Fought the Law and the ... law won

I'm losin' my license and I feel so bad
My med career is done.
It was the best gig I've ever had
I Fought the Law and the ... law won
I Fought the Law and the ... law won

Ya'll feel free to provide your own song parodies!  

3 comments:

Sirenity said...

lol here is mine... thrown together at work so not the bestest

“Believe"

Jenn’ys Lies, Jenny’s lies [repeat]
No matter how hard we try
You keep pushing facts aside
And we can't break through
There's no talking to you
So sad that you're believing
That vaccines do cause it
But after all is said and done
You’ll still be the loony one, Ohh Oh

[CHORUS:]
Do you believe in Jenny’s lies?
No one sane will believe her anyways,
But she still wants to have her say,
Now
Do you believe in facts and science?
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think Jenny’s smart enough,
Now

What are we supposed to do
Sit around and listen to you
well we won’t do that
You need to turn back
We need vaccines to stay strong
We need medicine to live long
You’ve had time to reason it through,
But the woo is all you do! Ohh Oh

[CHORUS]

But we know that you won’t listen
'Cause we know that you are too dumb
we don't believe you anymore
Oh we don't believe you anymore we don't believe you anymore
No we don't believe you anymore

[CHORUS repeat to fade]

Liz Ditz said...

I like Cuttlefish's the best (to the Eleanor Rigby tune)

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2010/05/the_refusers_proving_oracs_corollary_to.php#comment-2528728

More in the comments above, but that's the best.

Sirenity said...

LOl that is awesome