9/08/2009

Censoring the truth about Offit at AoA

Second attempt: You keep running inaccurate information, though, and you know it. So, I'm going to go with intentional. Absolutely intentional.


Any reason exactly why you hate Offit so much? Is that rational, reasonable, sane?


Probably the same reasoning behind saying dentists are mental, huh?


http://counteringageofautism.blogspot.com/2009/09/paul-offits-mythical-millions-v-2-by.html


http://counteringageofautism.blogspot.com/2009/09/paul-offit-explains-money-side-of.html


Any chance you'll admit you consistently got it wrong?
 
 
First attempt was along the lines that this was a lie, they knew it was a lie, and I had the email from Offit showing the money amount and that it was posted at the blog.
 
 
Post yout attempts to get "heard" at AoA in the comments below. Let's give a show of just how many of us think AoA screwed the pooch on this one.

9 comments:

kathleen said...

Well I find it interesting that they try to pass off a press release from thoughtful house or some such institution..as a factual story..Anything to discredit Dr. Offit-What I found interesting is that they posted this the day after you posted that piece by David Brown yesterday...so I'm guessing your making an impact..They lied-they know they lied...they have nothinng to stand on..so they make crap up. I don't understand it..is it just to sell B12 pops? Or is it the need to be right-no matter what..

Mom26children said...

It is called "right-fighting"....

I call it Pathetic...

I just hope they have some good lawyers over there...they really hit the fan with some gunk this week...and it is only Tuesday !!!

Squillo said...

This is no surprise. J.B. Handley has a pretty sorry little website devoted to dissing Offit, pauloffit.com. (Isn't it amusing how AoA accused someone else of "squatting" for using @"ageofautism" on Twitter? Also amusing that Handley has filed a "false-light" suit against Offit for a passage in Autism's False Prophets.

I noticed they did send out a tweet to clarify that the "story" was really a news release. Guess they got called on that one. It cracked me up when I saw their original tweet. How stupid did they think their readers/followers were? Answer: very stupid, indeed. The contempt in which they appear to hold their own followers is astounding.

kathleen said...

Maybe if we all wish real hard-we can make them go away? If magical thinking works for them.....

Mom26children said...

So what...
does this mean because J.B. Handley stated that "Autism is Mercury Poisoning" or "Mercury Poisoning is absolutely Autism" that we can start a silly little web site about his lies...???

What a friggin' joke these people are becoming.
What really scares me is that there are people who take their word as gospel because of their desperation...!!!

KWombles said...

And far scarier is that the editors themselves may believe it.

Of course my post did not get on, either.

Mom26children said...

Kim,
I am blogging tonight...it will be soon, but I have one little lovely who thinks they are still on Labor Day break and needs to stay up.
There is too much on my mind....
some ain't pretty...
I will try to calm down by then.

KWombles said...

I hear you. :-)

davidbrown said...

I'd like to think AoA is responding to my work, but I think it's more likely they've been planning whatever they're doing for a while.
As far as what I'm doing, I just made my first post in a few weeks at fanfiction.net. It's fun.