8/02/2009

Rolling Stones and New Laws

Amanda Copeland has a new piece on Huffington and at AoA, which Alexander has done a fine job of analyzing here: http://aspieperspective.blogspot.com/2009/07/huffington-woo.html, so I won't rehash the piece. I've written on Copeland's previous piece, and I talk briefly about this new piece in my post on Huffington's new moderation symbols from earlier this week.


So all I really want to say and all I have the time to say today is this:

Copeland writes in a comment: "While vaccines, directly given, did not damage my daughter, vaccines have triggered autism in about 90% of the worldwide autism population."

She then quotes Rolling Stones and Generation Rescue for her sources. (I know I added this to the post I had on Huff's mod policies, it just irritated me enough I decided it merited further review).


New law:

Most reasonable people, when they read someone quote Rolling Stones for the cause of autism, are going to laugh at the person doing so. Said person immediately loses any credibility whatsoever.

I mean, bad enough to quote GR. Bad to quote AoA, since these people also write for whale.to. Topping it with Rolling Stones. Priceless.


The law needs a name, though, readers, so please offer your suggestions in the comments. I will post it on the right once we've decided on the name. We'll start keeping a running tab of laws.

6 comments:

NightStorm The Aspiewolf said...

Pop Culture Resource Fail Law =D

KWombles said...

I like it!

Anyone else with ideas?

Otherwise, I'll go with it! :-)

NightStorm The Aspiewolf said...

I also propose the "Goldilocks Rebuttle": Any one that tells to an indivual on the spectrum that they are either "too autsitic to understand" or "Not autistic enough"

KWombles said...

Added to the wall on the right! Thanks! :-)

Juan said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Betty

http://electricguitarhowtoplay.net

KWombles said...

Betty,

What a nice thing to read first thing in the morning! :-) I hope you'll come back and comment often.

Kim