8/26/2009

Reminding Readers that there's a positive place :-)

It's been a busy week here, but I wanted to pop in and chat for a minute.

We set up a forum over the summer, http://www.raisingautism.co.nr/, that I hope if you haven't had a chance to look at, you'll take the time to, and maybe join.

While it's take is a positive take on autism, in that we're about positive support of those on the spectrum and those who are family members to them, it doesn't mean it's not a place to share difficulties you might be having or to brainstorm with others on how to handle certain hurdles that come up.

It's been quieter there than I had hoped for, and I wonder if it's because positive support isn't as inherently salacious as mud-slinging. I suspect that's in part the reason for it, and I hope readers will take the time to join, to offer positive stories of their children, to support each other, to be there as active participants, and by doing so, prove that positive can be just as interesting as mud-slinging and name-calling.

Pretty please? :-)

4 comments:

Corina Becker said...

oh gosh, another forum! Woo hoo!!!

Roger Kulp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
KWombles said...

Corina,

Glad to see you joined RA. :-)

KWombles said...

Roger,

While I am, of course, pleased you managed to find news of an adult helped with biomeds, I won't let this blog be used to advocate that person's blog as a positive place. You and I both know it is not. I won't promote hate speech. I won't engage that individual.

You're welcome to post anything except that which deal with that blog.